You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2017-04-04 14:03:10

MartinTe

MartinTe said:

Connecting to Impala through JDBC

Talend data fabric 6.3 enterprise
Impala - Cloudera Hadoop 5.7 with Kerberos
When trying to connect with tImpalaConnection I get:
"Exception in component tImpalaConnection java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unrecognized Hadoop major version number: 0.20.205.0"
When trying to create a connection through meta data I get "Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.sql.SQLException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't get Kerberos realm"

When working through the shell with impala shell using kinit and a key tab it works.

I wanted to install a different JDBC driver, but couldnt find a suitable guide for that.

Any ideas?

#2 2017-04-05 09:38:21

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Re: Connecting to Impala through JDBC

Hi,
Are you using two different realm in kerberos client?
Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#3 2017-04-05 11:17:37

5MartinTe1

5MartinTe1 said:

Only one realm.
We have an all-in-one cloudera server+AD/DC server+windows workstation with Talend. Trying to connect from the workstation.

#4 2017-04-06 10:48:42

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Hello,
Could you please report a ticket on talend support portal for your Talend data fabric 6.3 product? In this way, we can give you a remote assistance(webex)on this connection issue to see if it is a bug through support cycle with priority.
Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy