You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2009-02-20 01:21:00

MMG
2 posts

MMG said:

Apologizes for mistakes when saving translated sentence to french

I just noticed that I saved some french translations under erroneous US sentences. I saved under the following or the preceding US sentence.
I cannot make the correction by myself.
Apologizes and regards

#2 2009-02-20 10:31:12

esabot
Talend Team

esabot said:

Re: Apologizes for mistakes when saving translated sentence to french

Hi mmg,

You're not the first person making this mistake, don't worry. I suppose we need to improve the babili portal, to make things clearer and less confusing when accessing the strings to translate. If you have any suggestion for enhancing the way you access the strings that'd be great.
There will be a validation session to spot translation mistakes anyway.
For the time being, I'm the only validator, but I need to start a "recruiting" process among the community to help me out! I'll give you a shout.

Many thanks for reporting it.

Elisa

Follow Talend on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.

#3 2009-02-20 11:09:27

MMG
2 posts

MMG said:

Hello Elisa

You reply makes me more confortable.

In terms of improvements, I suggest to allow each translator to review his (her) own work, before the translated sentence saving, or at a later time.
Also allow copy/paste function for a translated sentence, as some groups of words are a repeat from one sentence to another one.

Can you ensure that french accentuated letters like "é" or "à" are fully accepted by the "save" function? (I fear "not").

Regards

#4 2009-02-22 20:35:05

patricesoulet
19 posts

patricesoulet said:

Hello,

I've make lots of error during translation ... sorry.

It will nice if we can update her own translation ...

#5 2009-02-23 11:22:48

esabot
Talend Team

esabot said:

Hi guys,

You are right, the edit button seemed logical to all of us here too... As admin, I had it by default and therefore never noticed that as translator, you didn't have this button!! :-/ sorry about this.
Now we've corrected it, and you can update your own translation. Also you can find a "translated by me" entry in the drop-down status list, that allows you to filter on your personal translation.

Regarding the copy and paste, you'll have to edit your translation because for some technical reason, I've been told, this was not possible to copy-paste text that has been saved already (I'm going to investigate this though...)

Another issue is the accented characters. I was about to say to you mmg that this was an issue that had been looked at before we launched it... but it seems that when adding new language support in babili, we messed up with them...
The problem is now fixed but I cannot guarantee that there is not couple of legacy stuff in the database that will need to be fixed at validation time (or when you guys come accross, now that you can edit them!).

Many thanks for reporting all these issues...
Don't hesitate to ask for more, we'll do our best to meet your expectations!

Elisa

Follow Talend on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy