You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2007-12-07 14:41:02

tchule
1 post

tchule said:

ShapefileToShapefile, big output file

First, I'd like to congratulate you for the good job, the tool seems very promising.

We've tested the ShapeToShape job of the sample projet with the sample data and it's working but the generated files are rather big (70 Mo for the dbf file). It seems like we could add a trim() somewhere.

I've looked at the subversion repository to see if I can play with the tool but I havn't found the java templates for the shapefile output.
Is it possible to find a sample of template ?

We've tried to read another shapefile and as we didn't know exactly how to do the field mapping, we've tried to set the "the_geom" field as a String.
In the generated java code there was a call to an unexisting "error()" method, the class could not be compiled. It seem like a bug, if you want more informations we can try to reproduce the problem.

We've also tested a dissolve on a big shapefile and it's a bit slow but at least it works (where some other programs are out of memory...).

Best Regards,

Benoit Pesty.

#2 2007-12-07 14:48:39

Fxp
193 posts

Fxp said:

Re: ShapefileToShapefile, big output file

Hi Benoit, thanks a lot for your inputs.
Concerning svn access have a look to the wiki page http://www.talendforge.org/wiki/doku.ph … i:mainpage

For MIF/MID or shape, in the schema section you MUST create a column name "the_geom" with a type Object. It will be probably set as default in future release.

For the dissolver job you made, you could probably export you're job as a java standalone program and run it outside SDI. It will run a little bit faster I think !

HTH. Francois

#3 2007-12-07 15:24:33

mcoudert
55 posts

mcoudert said:

Re: ShapefileToShapefile, big output file

Hi Benoit,

tchule wrote:

I've looked at the subversion repository to see if I can play with the tool but I havn't found the java templates for the shapefile output.
Is it possible to find a sample of template ?

Have a look at the sGeoOutput component to find java templates for the geo output components.

HTH, Mathieu

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy