You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2011-12-09 16:02:41

MAMO007
5 posts

MAMO007 said:

How to suppress login window

Tags: [bug, eclipse, login, proxy]

Hi,

we're curretly testing Talend Open Studio for ESB v5 in our company.

Currently I have one really annoying problem where I don't know if it's a problem with the installation / configuration or something else.

Everytime I start the (win32 version) Open Studio and choose a project to work it asks abot the connection to TalendForge and to register there.

I tried several things to register with this dialog, but that doesn't work (everytime I pressed the "Create Account" button, it does "something" and the reenables the button without further notice).

Then I registered here at the forum and then tried to use the "connect on existing account" in that dialog.
The same behaviour - "Connect" button releases after several seconds and nothing happens.

So I tried to Skip that login.
That works at first sight - BUT: now unpredictable "Connect to:" dialogs pop up and want me to login.

I can press cancel at that dialog, but it's really annoying that it pops up again and again.
Furthermore, when editing code ("Code/Routines") the dialog always pops up when normally Intellisense help should open.

To connect to the internet we have to use our company firewall proxy with which several open source products have problems with.
So I assume that the Open Studio also has problem with it and is unable to connect with talendforge.

Is it really necessary to logon with Open Studio?
Or is it possible to switch off this annyoing behaviour?
How?

with regards,
MAMO

#2 2011-12-10 09:00:33

shong
Talend Team

shong said:

Re: How to suppress login window

Hi Mamo

You are required to register the Talend community or skip the dialog, as you said, you could have a problem to connect to talendforge, so you can skip the dialog.

Best regards
Shong

Email:shong@talend.com
Choose Talend, Enjoy Talend!
New & Event: Talend Help Center
Talend-->the global leader of open source data management and application integration solutions!

#3 2011-12-12 08:58:07

MAMO007
5 posts

MAMO007 said:

Hi shong,

the real problem is not to skip the initial dialog, the problem are the annoying and absolutely interfering popup login dialogs which appear during code editing and interrupt your Java code editing (and prevent the usage of the Intellisense help).
For a professional producht for daily development this is not acceptable!

There must be a way to permanently switch off this dialogs (the initial one which "only" bothers and all further login popups which prevent development work)?

What about your enterprise products?
Does these also have the disturbing dialogs?

best regards,
MAMO

#4 2011-12-12 09:06:08

shong
Talend Team

shong said:

Hi MAMO

The dialog should not appear during your development whatever you are using the community version or enterprise product, If the problem do exist exactly, please report a bug on our bugtracker with a screenshot.

Best regards
Shong

Email:shong@talend.com
Choose Talend, Enjoy Talend!
New & Event: Talend Help Center
Talend-->the global leader of open source data management and application integration solutions!

#5 2011-12-12 11:24:59

MAMO007
5 posts

MAMO007 said:

Hi shong,

thanks for your answer.

Now I'm confused - though the popup login dialog I'm talking about, does not "identify" itself wink

I'm talking about the dialog from which I added a screenshot...
[EDIT]
As I'm unable to upload an image and to link to an external URL (not enough posts I assume), I describe the dialog here:
  It's a simple dialog with title "Password required";
  there's one line text saying "Connect to:" (nothing else)
  then there are two input fields labelled "User name:" and "Password:"
  and an "OK" and a "Cancel" button.
  That's it...
[/EDIT]

Isn't that dialog part of the talendforge registration / login?
Or is it something else?

If yes, to where does it try to login? And how do I either switch off that dialog or "satisfy" it?

with regards,
MAMO007

Last edited by MAMO007 (2011-12-14 09:58:52)

#6 2011-12-14 08:31:08

MAMO007
5 posts

MAMO007 said:

No solutions or tips available?
Thats bad sad

We're currently evaluating Talend ESB Studio and planned to buy several enterprise versions.
But I'm not sure if it's the right product for us if nobody cares when we have a problem... sad

[Edit]I added two bug reports to the bugtracker: TESB-4305 and TESB-4306
I'll see if now somebody cares...;) [/Edit]

regards,
MAMO007

Last edited by MAMO007 (2011-12-14 09:58:32)

#7 2011-12-15 19:10:01

kkrishnan
Talend Team

kkrishnan said:

Hi Matthias,

thank you for evaluating Talend ESB Studio. We have assigned the Jira's to Talend's DataIntegration engineering division. The DI team will be working on this issue. You will be notified via jira regarding further progress/resolution.

Thanks & Best regards
Krishna
Talend Tech Support

#8 2011-12-16 08:15:13

MAMO007
5 posts

MAMO007 said:

Hi Krishna,

thanks for "taking care" wink
I'm really looking forward to progress reports for the issues (especially for the annoying popping up login dialog)!

with regards,
MAMO

Last edited by MAMO007 (2011-12-16 08:16:31)

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy