You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2006-10-05 14:40:04

jmreymond
63 posts

jmreymond said:

Postgresql driver and tDBInput

I have a very spurious error when using tDBInput with PostgreSQL driver
the host name is jmax.dyndns.org and the message error reports a host name without dots :-(

Run Process wrote:

DBI connect('dbname=snalc;host=jmaxdyndnsorg;port=5432;','postgres',...) failed: could not translate host name "jmaxdyndnsorg" to address: Nom ou service inconnu
at /home/jmax/workspace/.Perl/ANTIBES.process_exportCSV.pl line 135
can't connect to database at /home/jmax/workspace/.Perl/ANTIBES.process_exportCSV.pl line 135.
Process export CSV ended at 15:36 05/10/2006. [exit code=255]

If I connect to localhost, the connection failed because the username is overrule with my username :-(

#2 2006-10-05 14:56:23

cantoine
Talend Team

cantoine said:

Re: Postgresql driver and tDBInput

Hello,

You must encapsulate your Host name between Quote, for example 'jmax.dyndns.org' in the properties of your tDBInput Component.

Regards.

#3 2006-10-05 16:02:18

jmreymond
63 posts

jmreymond said:

OK, it is better but not famous
If the hostname is 'localhost.localdomain' very strange message with unknown port 3306 !!!

DBI connect('database=;host=;port=3306','',...) failed: Access denied for user 'jmax'@'localhost' (using password: NO) at /home/jmax/workspace/.Perl/ANTIBES.process_exportCSV.pl line 446
can't connect to database at /home/jmax/workspace/.Perl/ANTIBES.process_exportCSV.pl line 446.
Process export CSV ended at 16:40 05/10/2006. [exit code=255]

if the hostname is jmax.dyndns.org, it is correct

#4 2006-10-05 16:07:32

jmreymond
63 posts

jmreymond said:

sorry, it is not correct with jmax.dyndns.org
same error with port 3306 which is mysql port !!!

#5 2006-10-05 17:01:03

cantoine
Talend Team

cantoine said:

Hello

I think that some fields are not filled in.
Make sure that all properties are correct, you can save your Database Connection in the Repository/Metadata to test your Connection.

Regards.

#6 2006-10-05 17:23:33

jmreymond
63 posts

jmreymond said:

all the fields are filled in
MetaData/Db connection is ok but fill in a tDBInput component lose Postgres values and replace by mysql (?) values :-(

#7 2006-10-05 19:34:42

cantoine
Talend Team

cantoine said:

Are you used to the Talend Open Studio 1.0.0Beta2, 1.0.0RC1 or 1.0.0 version ??

We advise you to use the 1.0.0 version, but logically in 1.0.0Beta2 or 1.0.0RC1 it works.
Test to fill in the properties of Component (in Job Process) in BuiltIn Mode.

Regards

Last edited by cantoine (2006-10-06 09:31:35)

#8 2006-10-05 19:46:53

jmreymond
63 posts

jmreymond said:

I have switched to V1 version but same behaviour.
checking workspace/TEST/temp/tempProcess_DKkFEFRyEdu-reYcvBAJsQ the entry is correct but at run, bad values are taken

#9 2006-10-05 21:48:36

cantoine
Talend Team

cantoine said:

Test to take your 'schema_name' in your SQL Query in the Properties DbInput, because the Perl Component doesn't know this value.
For example : Select * from schema.table

Be careful with Oracle and PostgreSQL database.

If it doesn't work, would you like answer to some questions :

Have you so create a Schema from your Database connection that you have create previously ?
have you write a SQL request in the Properties of your tDbInput component ?
Do you choose your DbConnection and Metadata Scheam of your Repository in the Properties ?

Since your hostname properties is resolved, what is your error message in the console ?

Can you explain about your Job that you would create ?

For further information, you can watch the multiple Tutorials on Talend Web Site

Regards

Last edited by cantoine (2006-10-05 23:37:37)

#10 2006-10-06 06:55:23

jmreymond
63 posts

jmreymond said:

cantoine wrote:

Test to take your 'schema_name' in your SQL Query in the Properties DbInput, because the Perl Component doesn't know this value.
For example : Select * from schema.table

yes, it is select * from public.value

cantoine wrote:

Be careful with Oracle and PostgreSQL database.

I never use Mysql or Mysql database. I can connect to the Postgres database with a classic psql syntax.

cantoine wrote:

If it doesn't work, would you like answer to some questions :

Have you so create a Schema from your Database connection that you have create previously ?
have you write a SQL request in the Properties of your tDbInput component ?

one line, select * from public.individu;

cantoine wrote:

Do you choose your DbConnection and Metadata Scheam of your Repository in the Properties ?

yes

cantoine wrote:

Since your hostname properties is resolved, what is your error message in the console ?

Run job wrote:

Starting job export CSV at 07:51 06/10/2006.

Copyright (c) 2005-2006, Talend SA

This source code has been automatically generated by talend
  OpenStudio / ProcessDesigner (CodeGenerator version 1.0.0.20061004-2013-V1).
  You can find more information about talend products at www.talend.com.
  You may distribute this code under the terms of either the GNU General
  Public License or under the Artistic License just like Perl itself.

tsInfo>  Running process with context: /home/jmax/workspace/.Perl/ANTIBES.process_exportCSV_Default.pl (./tUser/parameters_/home/jmax/workspace/.Perl/ANTIBES.process_exportCSV_Default.pl.pl)

DBI connect('database=;host=;port=3306','',...) failed: Access denied for user 'jmax'@'localhost' (using password: NO) at /home/jmax/workspace/.Perl/ANTIBES.process_exportCSV.pl line 462
can't connect to database at /home/jmax/workspace/.Perl/ANTIBES.process_exportCSV.pl line 462.
Job export CSV ended at 07:52 06/10/2006. [exit code=255]

I repeat, I never use Oracle or Postgres database and the framework select a 3306 port for Mysql connection !

cantoine wrote:

Can you explain about your Job that you would create ?

just read data's in my Postgres table

cantoine wrote:

For further information, you can watch the multiple Tutorials on Talend Web Site

no more informations :-( but why the frameworf cannot take the fields and take to perl ?
this 3306 port is very, very strange

#11 2006-10-06 07:27:33

jmreymond
63 posts

jmreymond said:

If a create a new tDBInput and set Property Type to Repository, automatically the fields are correcty filled (Postgres parameters) but running the process always failed with:
DBI connect('database=;host=;port=3306','',...) failed: Access denied for user 'jmax'@'localhost' (using password: NO) at /home/jmax/workspace/.Perl/ANTIBES.process_exportCSV.pl line 464
can't connect to database at /home/jmax/workspace/.Perl/ANTIBES.process_exportCSV.pl line 464.

always, this mysql port 3306 :-(

#12 2006-10-06 08:46:22

cantoine
Talend Team

cantoine said:

In your last Post we can read that your values of parameter are empty or a bad port to your database.
Normally in the RunJob Console the good parameters must appeard.

In your Metadata/DbConnections, your Connection is successful when you click on 'Check' in the Wizard.
Do you choose a Schema (Schema is very important) ??

Don't forget to choose Repository of Property Type in DbInput Properties.

When you modify One field of this view, properties become in Built-in (Property type).
You can also write all properties directly in this view and modify the port '3306' ...

Regards.

#13 2006-10-06 17:16:15

jmreymond
63 posts

jmreymond said:

OK, now it works :-)
erase all my configuration, uninstall Talend Software, install again and now it works with my Postgres database,
very powerful and easy to build a project
thanks a lot for your support

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy